- 50 Mb is for websites with mainly text and few pictures.
- 150 Mb is required for WordPress and plugins.
- 250 Mb maybe needed when you have more images.
- 600 Mb is usually needed for ecommerce websites with a large catalogue of products and pictures.
- 1.2 Gb, 2.4 Gb, 6 Gb, 10 Gb and 20 Gb plans with unlimited monthly traffic, may be needed by larger websites as they increase their products.
- If you need more space than our published plans, just ask. We have tailored plans to suit several clients.
When you order hosting, you don’t need to allow for future growth. Your plan can be upgraded at any time to cater for expansion or higher traffic. We get automatic warnings when you are approaching your quota. We charge for the hosting plan that covers the space that you are actually using.
If you find that you are occupying more space even though you are not adding any pages to your website:
- Check that you are not leaving email on the server. (Untick this in Mail or Outlook). Often people do not realise they leave messages on the server as a default setting.
- Check the Log files of visits to the site. These can grow over time and you don’t really need to keep more than the recent log..
- Check that you haven’t kept a lot of WordPress themes that you were only trying.
- Check that you have not kept plugins that you no longer need.
- Check how many backups you are storing. Usually 2 is the most that you need unless you are making frequent changes. Rotation of backups can be set up to be automatic.
- Ask for our help.